A crispy gluten free crust topped with creamy butternut sauce, ricotta cheese and sweet onions to create a delicious comforting meal.
· 1 frozen gluten free plain pizza crust or flatbread ( i.e. cauliplower)
· 1 bottle of LIVWELL Butternut and Sage Sauce
· 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
· 1 tablespoon butter
· 1 yellow onion , sliced
· 2 tablespoons Grade A maple syrup
· 1 cup ricotta cheese
· 1 tsp salt
· ¼ tsp Pepper
· Pinch of red pepper flakes ( optional)
· Fresh herbs as garnish – thyme, parsley, or sage (optional)
· Preheat oven to 425 degrees
· Bake pizza crust with no toppings for 11-13 minutes.
· Meanwhile, heat olive oil and butter in medium skillet. Add onions and cook until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes. Add maple syrup at end and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes until liquid is reduced. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
· Warm LIVWELL butternut sauce in small skillet over medium heat, about 2-4 minutes and set aside
· Next, spread a thin layer of ricotta cheese on your flatbread
· Next, spread a thin layer of your butternut sauce. About half of bottle, reserve rest of bottle for dipping.
· Top with your onion mixture and finish with drizzle of olive oil and fresh herbs and/or red pepper flakes (optional). Serve warm. Mangia!