A classic spinoff from traditional meatballs and polenta. This rich and creamy dish marries hearty, flavorful meatballs with creamy cauliflower alfredo sauce to create a warming meal for lunch or dinner.
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 slice of whole wheat bread
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove, minced fine
- ¼ cup of chopped parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup of parmigiano reggiano grated cheese
- 1 jar of Roman Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- 1 jar of LIVWELL Calabrian Chili Pepper Romesco Sauce or 1 jar of Raos Marinara Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- First make your meatballs. Combine ground beef, salt, pepper, bread, milk, garlic, egg, grated cheese and parsley in large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Roll the mixture into round 2" round sized meatballs. Place the balls in even rows on a large cookie sheet, lined with aluminum foil. Drizzle with olive oil and coat thoroughly to prevent them from sticking.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until the meatballs are firm and cooked through. When they are fully cooked remove them from the oven, and set aside to cool.
- Then, heat up your sauces. Heat both sauces on low heat in separate sauce pots until warm. On large serving tray, spread even layer of Cauliflower alfredo sauce first. Next, add 4-5 dollops of romesco sauce (or marinara). Finish with meatballs, and garnish with fresh basil… serve warm. Mangia!