Naturally gluten free, vegetarian, comfort food at its best.
· 1 bottle of LIVWELL Tuscan Butternut & Sage Sauce
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 4 tablespoons butter
· 1 chopped yellow onion ( I prefer Vidalia, as a sweeter variety)
· 1 cup whole milk
· 1 teaspoons salt
· 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· 1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
· Finely chopped thyme for garnish
Combine olive oil and half of butter in medium pan on low heat. Add chopped onions and sauté until translucent.
Add full container of LIVWELL Butternut sauce, milk, salt and pepper. Stir slightly to mix butternut sauce well with the onions.
Add cornmeal slowly while stirring with spoon or whisk. I’ve found whisk works best to smooth out the clumps if any arise. Continue stirring until all polenta is fully added, and mixture becomes smooth, about 7-9 minutes.
Turn off stove and add cheese at the very end and stir so that It’s evenly mixed. Serve warm, with pad of butter on top, more cheese and some thyme as garnish. Mangia!