A creamy spinoff from an Italian classic. We skipped the pancetta, and made this creamy with cannellini beans. The perfect winter comfort food!
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves diced
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp ground Fennel
- 1/2 tsp crushed Red Pepper (optional).
- 2 jars LIVWELL Creamy Tuscan Vegetable & Herb Sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cans drained and rinsed cannellini beans (2 cans puréed in blender, 1 can whole beans )
- 2-3 tsp sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb of small pasta (ditalini pasta or shells)
- Grated parmiganno cheese
- 1 bunch chopped parsley
- Fill medium sized pot with water. Add 3 tbsp of salt and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook pasta until "al dente" or "firm to the bite." Drain, and set pasta aside.
- In large dutch oven, sauté onion, garlic, rosemary, fennel and red pepper. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until caramelized and aromatic.
- Then, add your LIVWELL Creamy Tuscan Sauce, chicken broth, cannellini beans to dutch oven. Bring to boil then reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes to marry all the flavors. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add your cooked pasta at the end, and stir until pasta is immersed in the sauce.
- Ladle pasta into large soup bowls and finish with drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, grated parmigianno cheese and chopped parsley. Mangia!