A refreshing spring or summer dish with creamy cauliflower alfredo sauce, fresh spring peas and mint from the garden, creating a appetizer that will stand out from the rest!
- 1 baguette cut into 15-20 small slices,about ½ inch thick
- 4TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup of Roman Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- 1 cupfresh or frozen peas
- 8 mint leaves, chopped coarsley
- ½ lemon, grated lemon zest only
- ½ tsp salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Use a serrated knife and cut the baguette into thin slices, about ½ inch. Brush each side of each slice with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the slices on a single layer on the baking sheet and bake until crisp and brown on edges, about 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make your topping. Bring a small pot with salted water to a boil and blanch the peas for about 1-2 minutes. Drain and rinse them with cold water to preserve bright, green color.
- Add the peas into a large mixing bowl with lemon zest, mint, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread a thick layer of Roman Cauliflower Alfred on each crostini. Add peas, drizzle of olive oil, and extra mint leaves if desired. Serve immediately.. Mangia!