This is our version of veggie lasagna. Packed with nutrient dense vegetables and flavor, this meal is perfect to make a large tray of at the beginning of the week and have all week long.
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cups of peeled and chopped onion
- 1 pound of mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of steamed spinach
- 1 pound of zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 TBSP of fresh rosemary
- 1 TBSP of fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 TSP of salt
- ½ TSP of ground black pepper
- 16 oz of of ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, grated
- ¼ TSP of pepper
- ¼ cup of chopped parsley
- 1 pound of lasagna, cooked
- ½ cup grated parmigianno reggiano
2 bottles of LIVWELL Creamy Tuscan Vegetable and Herb Sauce
1 bunch of fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- To prepare the vegetables, heat olive oil in large skillet and add onions and garlic. Cook until translucent ( about 3-5 minutes). Add the mushrooms and zucchini. Add the herbs, salt and pepper. Cook vegetables until all moisture has evaporated and vegetables are cooked throughout. Vegetable mixture should be dry before layering in lasagna.
- Next, start to assemble lasagna in large casserole dish. First layer the LIVWELL sauce, then the noodles, vegetables and cheese until all ingredients are used up. End with a sauce layer and sprinkle of parmigianno cheese.
- Cook for 1 hour. Remove from oven, let cool and garnish with fresh chopped basil. Mangia!