This is a family recipe Founder, Olivia Napoli brought from her maternal grandmothers family from Parma, Italy. Fresh vegetables marry with local grass fed beef and flavorful Romesco to create a sauce thats vibrant, comforting, and rich. You will make this meal time and time again!
- 2 celery stalk diced
- 2 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 vidalia onion peeled and diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 jar of LIVWELL Calabrian Chili Pepper Romesco
- 3 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed from stem
- 2 sage leafs, chopped
- 1 cup basil, chopped
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large pot or dutch oven, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add celery, carrots, onion. Cook until onion is translucent.
- Add beef, breaking the meat apart with a fork. Cook meat and vegetables until dry. Add LIVWELL Calabrian Chili Pepper Romesco sauce.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, add herbs and , and butter at the end. Stir until butter is melted and serve warm. Serve with lots of grated parmigianno reggiano. Mangia!
*We recommend serving this sauce over any type of medium-cut pasta, like a rigatoni or penne or even a papardelle.