This warming meal can be served as a side dish to a roast turkey or meatloaf. Or for our vegans looking to get more protein, this could be a nutrient dense, vibrant main course! Either way, this is a lovely, warming colorful dish that is sure to delight anyone you’re serving!
- 2 ½ pounds of root vegetables, cleaned and chopped into small 1 inch pieces – carrots, beets, sweet potatoes, parsnips
- 1 bottle LIVWELL Tuscan Butternut and Sage Sauce
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup dried green lentils
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper
- Mix the vegetables in large mixing bowl with olive oil and sea salt
- Then, add your vegetables to tray on single layer and bake for about 45 minutes until soft in center and crispy on the edges.
- While vegetables are in the oven, cook the lentils by putting them in a large sauce pot with the broth. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20-25 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
- After both vegetables and lentils are cooked, it’s time to plate your dish. On large serving platter, first put down layer of butternut sauce, followed by vegetables, lentils, another drizzle of olive oil and pinch of sea salt. Garnish with parsley. Serve warm. Mangia!