Spicy romesco sauce marries with creamy burrata and aromatic basil to create a pizza for all the senses.
· 1 frozen pizza crust ( for gluten free, I like cauliplower or cappellos plain pizza crusts)
· 1 bottle of LIVWELL Calabrian Chili Pepper Romesco
· 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
· 7-9 oz of Burrata cheese, sliced thin (I used BUF Burrata)
· 1 handful of Basil OR arugula
· ¼ cup of toasted pine nuts
· 1 tsp salt
· ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
· ¼ tsp hot pepper flakes (optional)
· Preheat oven to 400 degrees
· Bake flatbread with no toppings for 4 minutes.
· Next, spread a thin layer of romesco sauce as first layer on your pizza crust. About half of bottle, reserve rest of bottle for dipping.
· Add small pieces of burrata cheese as next layer, evenly spread out across the pizza
· Bake pizza for 7 minutes at 350
· While pizza is cooking, in a small cast iron skillet over low heat, toast your pine nuts until they are nicely browned, 4-5 minutes
· Remove from oven, add your basil or arugula, toasted pine nuts, and drizzle of olive oil. Add sprinkle of hot pepper flakes (optional). Season lightly with salt and pepper. Serve Warm.