A savory nutritious spinoff of the traditional chicken cutlet.
· 2 lbs of chicken breast
· 1 bottle of LIVWELL Sicilian Zucchini and Lemon Sauce
· 2/3 cup of grated parmigianno reggiano
· 2 cups panko breadcrumbs ( gluten free if possible )
· 2 eggs (beaten)
· 1 tsp Italian seasoning
· 3 tbsp olive oil
· 1 tsp sea salt
· ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
· ¼ cup chopped parsley
· ¼ cup chopped basil for garnish
· Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
· Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper
· Beat eggs in a bowl. In another bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cheese, chopped parsley, salt and pepper.
· First, dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then breadcrumb mixture. Lie flat on baking sheet, add drizzle of olive oil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, turn broiler on high and broil for 2 minutes, until chicken is golden brown and crispy.
· Remove chicken from oven, and spoon LIVWELL zucchini and basil sauce on each cutlet, and finish with grated parmigianno reggiano. Reserve leftover sauce for dipping after.
· Place in oven for 3 more minutes at 350 until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven and enjoy warm. Mangia!