This creamy baked ziti recipe is crafted with LIVWELL Creamy Tuscan and vegetable sauce, and enhanced with roasted vegetables for extra flavor and nutrition. Topped with golden mozzarella and parmigianno reggiano, this vegetarian meal is super delicious, and a weeknight staple!
- 16 ounces ziti, rigatoni or penne pasta
- 2 jars of LIVWELL Creamy Tuscan Vegetable and Herb Sauce
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil, plus extra for garnish
- 8 ounces grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup parmigianno reggiano cheese
- 1 yellow onion, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 green bell pepper, diced small
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- First, roast the veggies: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F with racks in the middle and upper third of the oven. Line two large, rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil to prevent the vegetables from sticking.
- Place all the vegetables on sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper
- Bake until the vegetables are tender and caramelized on the edges, about 30 to 35 minutes,
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the pasta just until al dente, according to package directions. Drain and return the pasta to the pot.
- Add sauce to the pasta with roasted veggies and coat all until well coated. Next, transfer to large cast iron skillet or 9 X 13 baker. Top with mozzarella and parmigianno cheeses and bake for 30 minutes until cheese is melted or deeply golden (if desired).
- Remove the baker from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish freshly with torn basil and herbs on top. Serve warm and enjoy!