A fun spinoff from the traditional red sauce pizza, using LIVWELL Zucchini and lemon sauce, fresh vegetables and herbs from the garden.
- 1 12 inch frozen pizza dough ( gluten free preferred )
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bottle of livwell zucchini sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella, sliced
- 4 ounces ricotta
- 1 small zucchini, sliced on mandolin and sautéed in olive oil prior
- 1/4–1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional: red pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread your pizza dough directly onto a baking sheet (use flour if needed) until it’s 12 inches around.
- Drizzle crust with olive oil and top with minced garlic.
- In large bowl, mix ricotta, mozzarella and zucchini sauce. Add to pizza crust. Then layer with zucchini slices.
- Bake for 10 mins on bottom rack. Place on top rack and bake for an additional 10 mins. Watch closely as all ovens are different.
- Remove from oven and top with fresh basil, salt and pepper and red pepper flakes, if using.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve immediately.