Baked ziti is the ultimate comfort dish! Adding Livwell zucchini sauce and spinach is a quick and easy way to get more vegetables into your family's diet. Plus it’s delicious, and so easy!
- 1 lb penne pasta ( try Jovial or Banza for gluten free!)
- 1 jar LIVWELL Zucchini and Lemon sauce
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4cloves garlic, minced
- 10oz spinach
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 -12oz fat-free ricotta
- 1/3 cup grated parmigianno reggianno cheese
- 2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella (8 oz total)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large pot of salted water, cook pasta according to instructions. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, add olive oil and sauté garlic. Add chopped spinach, salt and pepper. Cook 5-7 minutes minutes, then season with basil at the end.
- Add LIVWELL Zucchini sauce to the pasta and combine. Add half of the mozzarella, parmigianno cheese and ricotta. Mix well then transfer to the baking pan.
- Add the spinach and garlic mixture to the pasta, and pour the pasta mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Top with the remaining mozzarella and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until mozzarella is melted and the edges are lightly browned. Let it cool 5 minutes before serving. Mangia!